FAQsFind out more
Frequently asked questions
How do I book an advisory session?
Appointments can be booked through the Southern Business Mentoring Program Eventbrite portal. This page services the four councils. All you need to do is select the mentors you wish to meet with, select your preferred date and time and complete the online booking form. Businesses and residents of the four councils may access these services free of charge. Make your booking today – southernbusinessmentoringprogram.eventbrite.com/
Where can I find out more about the Southern Business Mentoring Program?
Please check out the About Page on the Southern Business Mentoring Program website.
What kind of specialist advice can I expect to get from this service?
The service covers the following disciplines:
- General Business – planning, entering new markets or developing new products or growing and expanding and all things business. If you aren’t sure who to meet with first, a general business appointment is a great way to start!
- Strategic Marketing – Understanding the core purpose of your business, develop or audit your marketing plan, looking for a new direction,
- Digital – Websites, Google SEO and email marketing,
- Social Media – Facebook, Instagram, and LinkedIn,
- HR/Workforce Planning – Managing employees and contracts of employment, WHS and contingency planning,
- Retail – Cash-flow management, negotiating lease conditions, retail specific marketing strategies, and
- Grant & Tender Writing – Discussion and tips on finding opportunities, lodging applications for grants, or preparing tender submissions, and
- Tourism – Business planning, capability building, product development, tourism distribution, planning events and tourism data.
Who can I book an appointment with? / How many appointments do I receive?
All eligible businesses are entitled to eight hours of support through the Southern Business Mentoring Program. Each business can book a maximum of one appointment with each mentor/discipline (eight in total). Businesses and residents of the four councils may access these services free of charge. If you are unsure who you have already had an appointment with, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0499 719 438 for an eligibility check.
How much will this service cost me/my business?
This service is subsidised by the Cities of Holdfast Bay, Marion, Onkaparinga and Yankalilla. Businesses and residents of the four councils may access these services free of charge.
The program is not available to businesses and residents outside of these council areas.
How long can I expect one advisory session to go for?
In order to maximise your appointment, upon booking, you will be asked to complete pre-service questions. The information you provide will inform the mentor of your requirements prior to the session so that you are able to get the most of your time.
Where will I meet with the advisor for our session?
Appointments are currently being delivered through Zoom and in-person. Once you have completed your booking, your mentor will get in contact with you to confirm the date and time and will confirm Zoom/location.
If you would prefer one over the other, please ensure that you advise your mentor who may be able to reschedule to accommodate your preference.